Strawberry Freezer Jam
Kathy's Southern Kitchen
by Kathy Phillips
March 30, 2023
Kathy Phillips, a 2023 Sweet Grown Alabama Ambassador, shares how to extend the life of those almost-too-ripe strawberries!
- 2 cups crushed Sweet Grown Alabama strawberries
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 package dry pectin
- 3/4 cup of water
- Mix strawberries and orange zest with sugar and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place water in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Add pectin to water and stir.
- Microwave for another 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Stir making sure all the pectin has disolved.
- Pour pectin into strawberries. Stir for one minute.
- Allow strawberries to sit at least 5 minutes before pouring into containers. Pour strawberries into desired containers and leave out at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to one month or the freezer up to one year.
You can also check out Kathy's tour of Aplin Farms below!