Steak and Egg Quesadilla
by Alabama Poultry & Egg Association
October 28, 2021
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 pound Sweet Grown Alabama skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice skirt steak and cook in a medium skillet over high heat, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Remove the cooked steak and add the butter.
- Scramble the eggs until fluffy and remove from pan.
- Add oil to a medium size skillet over medium heat.
- Place one tortilla in the pan and top with cheese, steak, eggs and cheese again to help it stay together.
- Place the other tortilla on top and cook, turning once, until both sides are golden brown, and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat with additional tortillas and fillings.
- Cut into wedges and serve with your favorite salsa.