Oven Roasted Brisket
Kathy's Southern Kitchen
by Kathy Phillips
March 30, 2023
Sweet Grown Alabama Ambassador Kathy Phillips shares how to make the "King of Barbecue Foods" with an Alabama flair! And as a bonus, check out a tour of JBW Farm Fresh where this local brisket was raised!
- 1 5-5 1/2 lb trimmed Sweet Grown Alabama brisket
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp to 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp to 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce
- 1/2 can of beef consume
- 4 drops of liquid smoke
- Place brisket into a shallow baking dish.
- Mix rub ingredients together and rub into all sides of beef.
- Place beef uncovered in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cover brisket tightly with tinfoil.
- Cook brisket for 3 hours. Remove from oven.
- Stir together barbecue sauce, beef consume and liquid smoke and pour over brisket.
- Re-cover with tinfoil and cook for another 2 hours.
- Remove tinfoil from brisket and cook an additional 30 minutes uncovered.
- Allow brisket to rest at least 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with drippings.