Jalapeño French Dip
by Ricky Albright, 2023 Sweet Grown Alabama Ambassador
June 30, 2023
How to make a French Dip better? Add jalapeños! Ricky Albright with Iron Fire Cooking is using local ingredients to upgrade a simple French dip sandwich!
- Sweet Grown Alabama beef roast
- 2 yellow onions
- 3 jalapeños
- Swiss cheese
- Dale's Seasoning
- Sure Shot Sid's Gunpowder Seasoning
- Roasted coffee grounds
- Beef broth
- Marinate your Alabama grown beef roast with dale seasoning and let rest in the refrigerator for 6-12 hours.
- Season both sides liberally with Original Sure Shot Sid’s Gunpowder and Roasted Coffee.
- Slice up 2 yellow onions and 3 jalapeños and add 16 oz of beef broth to a aluminum pan to create a Au Jus.
- Sear the roast for 2 minutes per side and then transfer to another grill or oven at 250 degrees over the Au jus mixture on a grate or rack and cook until your desired internal temperature.
- Let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Slice against the grain into thin slices and top with the jalapeño and onions.
- Add sliced Swiss cheese and melt in the oven or a culinary torch.
Dip into the delicious Au Jus. Enjoy!!