Crockpot Pulled Pork
Rock House Farms, Fruithurst, Alabama
by Karah Skinner
February 28, 2021
One 3-5 pound Sweet Grown Alabama Boston roast
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
- Set crockpot or slow cooker to low heat.
- Take four square pieces of aluminum foil and form into balls. Set down into the slow cooker to create a shelf for the meat to sit.
- Rinse pork and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix all the spices together well in a bowl to create the dry rub.
- Using your hands, coat the roast well with dry rub mixture on all sides.
- Set the pork gently into the slow cooker on top of the aluminum foil balls (this will help the meat cook more evenly and allow the juices to drip to the bottom).
- Cook on low for 6-10 hours depending on size. It should be falling off the bone tender!
- Place the roast into a large dish and shred with forks.
- Ladle some of the drippings back into the shredded meat and add some of your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Serve and enjoy in pulled pork sandwiches, pork tacos, quesadillas, and Brunswick stew.