Broccoli Quiche in Colorful Peppers
Recipe from IncredibleEgg.org
by Alabama Poultry & Egg Association
March 8, 2022
- 4 medium red, yellow, or green bell peppers
- 1 cup of frozen broccoli florets, defrosted
- 4 Sweet Grown Alabama Eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Cut about 1/2 inch off the tops of the bell peppers; remove the seeds. Place the peppers upright in custard cups and place the custard cups with the bell peppers in a baking pan.
2. Spoon 1/4 cup of broccoli into each pepper. Beat eggs, milk, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl until blended. Pour evenly over broccoli.
3. Bake in center of 325 degrees oven until not runny or if a knife can be inserted into the quique and come out clean; 60 to 70 minutes.
4. Let stand for 5 minutes and enjoy!