by Ricky Albright
June 29, 2026
Ricky Albright with Iron Fire Cooking is using local ingredients to make Brisket sliders on King’s Hawaiian Sweet rolls with homemade pickled red onions, Wickles Pickles, provolone cheese and a pecan rosemary herb butter! Ricky says that locally fresh ingredients make the best recipes!
- King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Chopped brisket
- Pickled red onions
- Provolone cheese
- Pecan herb butter
- Sweet pickles
- Everything Spicy seasoning (Flavor god)
- Spicy Chipotle (Terrapin Ridge Farms)
Pickled red onions
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons of salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon of (Flavorgod Everything Spicy)
- Combine all ingredients, heat to a boil, mix and remove from heat. Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours.
Pecan Rosemary Butter
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/3 cup Emerald glazed pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (chopped)
- Pulse the pecans and rosemary in a food processor.
- Add mixed ingredients into a bowl with butter and maple syrup.
- Mix with a fork, adding onto cling wrap.
- Simply roll up, twisting the ends and put in the refrigerator. Melt for brushing on sliders.
- Slice King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls lengthwise
- Add chopped brisket, pickled red onions, pickles and provolone cheese to the bottom rolls (then place top rolls back on)
- Make your pecan herb butter and brush on top of rolls.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes. They are ready when the cheese has melted and the buns are golden brown.