Baked Sweet Potato Fries
June 8, 2021
- 1 pound Sweet Grown Alabama sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- fine sea salt, to taste
- Slice sweet potatoes into long, thin strips, about 1/4-inch wide. Soak in a large bowl of cold water for at least 30 minutes (or up to overnight).
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or mist with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Drain and dry fries with clean towel. Rinse and dry bowl.
- Add fries back to clean bowl. Drizzle evenly with olive oil, and toss until coated.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together cornstarch, garlic powder, smoked paprika and black pepper until combined. Sprinkle the mixture over the fries and toss until evenly coated and the cornstarch has soaked into the oil.
- Spread fries in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. To guarantee proper cooking, ensure the fries do not overlap.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and flip fries, ensuring that none overlap.
- Return to oven and bake 10-15 more minutes, or until the fries are crispy and have begun to brown a bit on the tips.
- Transfer the baking sheet to a cooling rack, sprinkle with your desired amount of salt and let the fries rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm.