Summer Tomato Salsa
May 14, 2021
- 2-3 medium-sized Sweet Grown Alabama tomatoes, diced
- Pinch dried oregano
- Pinch ground cumin
- Juice and zest from 1 medium lime
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chips for serving
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice and zest with oregano and cumin.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, and cilantro.
3. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Adjust seasonings if needed.
4. Allow flavors in salsa to marinate for about an hour before serving with your favorite style of chips. Can store in fridge for up to 5 days.