Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball
Priester's Pecans, Fort Deposit, Alabama
by Grace Ellis
May 13, 2021
- 8 ounce cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped, divided
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Sweet Grown Alabama pecans toasted
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, half of the bacon, half of the jalapenos, the garlic, parsley, lime juice, Worchestershire sauce, ground cumin and cayenne pepper until well combines.
2. On a large plate, stir together the remaining bacon, the remaining jalapenos and the toasted pecans until evenly combined.
3. Shape the cream cheese mixture into a ball. Roll the ball in the pecan mixture until coated on all sides.
4. Wrap the ball in plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
5. Serve with your favorite crackers!