Boozer Farms, Thorsby, Alabama
by Taylor Hatchett
May 5, 2021
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk, or more as needed
- 1 cup Sweet Grown Alabama fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and add enough milk to reach the 1-cup mark.
- Mix this with flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.