Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
JYJ Red Angus, Columbia, Alabama
by Jessica Yance
May 5, 2021
- 1 lb. Sweet Grown Alabama ground beef
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 large can enchilada red sauce
- 1 can black beans; rinsed and drained
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 8 oz. sour cream
- Pkg. soft tortilla shells
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salsa for topping
- Brown ground beef then drain. Prepare taco meat using the seasoning package directions then set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil on medium/low heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic until tender.
- Add enchilada sauce, black beans, and chopped green chilies.
- Bring to a slight boil while stirring.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream.
- Set aside while rolling meat mixture in tortilla shells.
- Place shells seam side down in a 9x13 greased casserole dish.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the shells.
- Top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes.
- Serve with salsa on top.
Located in Henry County, Alabama
Raising Red Angus cattle and freezer beef
Follow us on JYJ Red Angus Facebook page