Candied Pecans with a Kick
Priester's Pecans, Fort Deposit, Alabama
April 12, 2021
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Sweet Grown Alabama pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar, kosher salt, cayenne pepper and 4 teaspoons of water.
- Add the pecans to the sugar mixture, and stir until they are evenly coated.
- Transfer the pecans to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Do your best to make sure that they are evenly spread.
- Scrape all of the glaze from the bowl and drizzle over the pecans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the pecans are crusty on top and caramelized and golden on the bottom.
- Immediately slide the parchment off of the hot baking sheet and allow the pecans to cool completely on the countertop.
- Once cool, remove the pecans from the parchment, breaking apart any clusters if necessary, and store in an airtight container.