Rock House Farms, Fruithurst, Alabama
by Karah Skinner
March 30, 2021
- 1 lb. Sweet Grown Alabama breakfast sausage
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 6 TBSP butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (best if you shred it yourself)
- 1/2 tsp of both onion and garlic powders
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan and set aside.
- In a skillet, brown your sausage and drain. Allow to cool while you mix the milk, egg and butter.
- Add Bisquick and powdered spices to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Now add the shredded cheese and cooled sausage and combine.
- Fill the muffin tins with batter and bake for 20-25 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
For a yummy Mexican style muffin, use chorizo and pepper jack cheese instead of breakfast sausage and cheddar.