Roasted Honey Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Till, Birmingham's Online Farmers Market
March 30, 2021
- 2 bundles Sweet Grown Alabama carrots
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Sweet Grown Alabama honey
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice carrots in half lengthways.
- Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place on sheet pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Carrots should be tender, but not quite fully cooked.
- After carrots are complete, melt butter in skillet. When starting to brown, add roasted carrots and salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium-high.
- Reduce to medium low and sprinkle in brown sugar and honey.
- Continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium high for 30 seconds - 1 minute to thicken the glaze.
- Season with cayenne and black pepper.
- Plate and serve.