Wagyu of Alabama, Selma, Alabama
by Andy Tipton
March 10, 2021
- Sweet Grown Alabama wagyu ribeye or choice of cut
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Coarse salt to taste
- Sprinkle a light layer of coarse salt in a cast iron skillet.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet.
- Turn the heat to medium/medium high until the butter caramelizes.
- Place the wagyu steak in the pan.
- Cook 2 minutes each side.
- While the steak is searing, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the pan and steak in the oven.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until preferred color.
- While steak is in the over, warm a plate with butter in the microwave.
- Take the steak out and set it on the warm buttered plate.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.