Roasted Local Baby Turnips with Potatoes and Shallots
Vintage Year, Montgomery, Alabama
by Chef Eric Rivera
November 24, 2020
- 2 Bunches Sweet Grown Alabama Baby Turnips with Tops
- 1 lb Baby Marble Potatoes
- 3 Ea Large Shallots Sliced
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut baby turnips from tops. Separate and rinse.
3. Rinse potatoes and place in a mixing bowl with turnip bottoms.
4. Cut shallots to make 1/8th inch rings and separate rings. Add to bowl.
5. Add olive oil, salt and fresh cracked pepper and toss.
6. Place vegetables evenly on cookie sheet with parchment and roast at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until tender.
7. Remove and place in large bowl over turnip tops, mix and serve.