Skirt Steak Three Ways
Peek Farms, LLC, Athens, Alabama
by Ashley Peek
April 30, 2020
- 4-5 lbs Alabama skirt steak
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Add skirt steak to a zip top plastic bag.
- Add remaining ingredients to create a marinade.
- Marinate for 4 hours, no longer than 8 hours.
- Remove excess marinade from steaks.
- Cook on high to medium high, turning once. Sear both sides and cook until desired cooking temperature is achieve
- Remove from heat, allow to rest covered for a few minutes.
- Thinly slice the steaks against the grain.
- Beef, spinach and strawberry salad. I even snuck kale into the salad and my favorite farmer ate it. Y’all don’t tell him.
- Loaded beef nachos. We like ours with jalapenos, fresh tomatoes, tortilla chips, lettuce, melty cheese and sour cream.
- Steak sandwiches are always a big hit around here, too. The kids love them.