Roasted Alabama Cabbage
DK Farms, Theodore, Alabama
by George Koulianos
April 30, 2020
- 1 head of Sweet Grown Alabama cabbage
- Olive oil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut head of cabbage into quarters.
- Take the quarters and cut each into four 1-inch-thick steaks. You will have 16 pieces. Do not core the cabbage.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and place cabbage on cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Brush cabbage tops with mixture.
- Roast for approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove and place on serving platter.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar on top of each cabbage piece.
- Serve warm.