Not Your Granny’s Beef Roast
Peek Farms LLC, Athens, AL
by Ashley Peek
April 30, 2020
- 2.5 lb Sweet Grown Alabama tri-tip roast
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix seasonings together and coat tri-tip roast on all sides with the mixture.
- Preheat cast iron skillet on stove top to high heat.
- Add couple tablespoons of olive oil.
- Brown roast on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove roast from skillet.
- Place on roasting rack and cover with aluminum foil. Place in oven that has been preheated to 375 degrees.
- Roast for 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours or until roast reads 150 degrees with an instant read thermometer.
- Allow roast to rest, covered loosely with aluminum foil, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice against the grain. Enjoy!