Four Ingredient Beef Sandwiches
Peek Farms LLC, Athens, Alabama
by Ashley Peek
April 30, 2020
- 2.5 lb Sweet Grown Alabama chuck roast
- 1 sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 16 oz. whole peperoncini peppers
- Sandwich buns of your choice
- Sliced swiss cheese (optional)
- Place the roast in the bottom of a large (5 to 6 qt) slow cooker.
- Top with onions and peperoncini peppers.
- Cover and cook on low 10 hours.
- Remove mixture from slow cooker and discard any fat and/or bone.
- Drain pan juices from slow cooker, straining the liquid.
- Return meat mixture to the slow cooker to keep warm.
- Heat buns in a warm oven.
- Top buns with meat mixture and spoon a little reserved pan juice over the top.
- If you want to take the sandwich one step further, top with a slice of swiss cheese.
- Place the sandwich in a warm oven until cheese is melted. Enjoy!