Farmer’s Favorite Burger
Peek Farms LLC, Athens, AL
by Ashley Peek
April 30, 2020
- 2 lbs Alabama ground beef
- 2 medium sweet onions
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 lb bacon
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Hamburger buns
- Cook bacon on a cooking rack in a preheated 400 degree oven.
- Slice onions thinly and place in a skillet with the butter.
- Cook on medium low until the onions are browned, about 20-30 minutes.
- Form and grill hamburger patties.
- Assemble burgers: beef, bacon, onions, cheddar. Melt cheddar in your warm oven.
- Top with sweet and spicy barbecue sauce.