Alabama Pot Roast
Sullivan Creek Ranch, Vinemont, AL
by Greg Anderson
April 30, 2020
- 3 lb Sweet Grown Alabama akaushi chuck roast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon au jus powder
- 1/4 stick of butter
- Heat a cast iron skillet with olive oil.
- Sear the roast on all sides.
- Place in Instant Pot or slow cooker
- Sprinkle with ranch seasoning and au jus powder
- Add pepperoncini peppers on top for flavor
- Add a few slices of butter
- In Instant Pot: cook on high pressure for 65-70 minutes.
- In slow cooker: cook on low for 6 hours.
- Pull apart and serve with mashed potatoes or rice.